UCSB CAMPUS MAP
By Air: For your convenience, we recommend making flight reservations with Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA) as your final destination. There are several daily flight arrivals connecting directly from Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix, and Denver. The UCSB campus is a five-minute drive from the airport.
Santa Barbara Airbus (bus shuttle service from LAX): This service provides several daily bus trips from Los Angeles International Airport to Santa Barbara. Reservations are strongly recommended: (800) 423-1618 (toll-free US/Canada), (805) 964-7759 (outside US/Canada) or www.sbairbus.com. There are discounts for advance reservations and for parties of two or more. You will get off at the Goleta stop.
- By Train: Santa Barbara is served by Amtrak Train Service. Amtrak terminals are located in Santa Barbara (12–15 miles from campus) and Goleta (5 miles from campus). The Amtrak train station closest to UCSB is the Goleta station (GTA), located at 25 S. La Patera Lane.
- To travel to UCSB by Bus:
Board MTD Line 12x west-bound (toward Camino Real Marketplace) at the intersection of La Patera Lane and Hollister Avenue. Approximately .3 miles from the train stop.
Line 12x becomes Line 24x and continues to the UCSB Bus Loop
- To travel to the Goleta Amtrak station by Bus:
- Board MTD Line 24x west-bound (toward Camino Real Marketplace) at the UCSB Bus Loop
- Line 24x becomes Line 12x.
- Get off the bus at the intersection of Hollister Avenue and La Patera Lane.
- Walk up La Patera Lane 0.3 miles (6 minutes) toward the mountains to the train stop
To view the trip from UCSB to Goleta Amtrak on a map, click here.
There is additional information on our TPS site at the bottom of the page under, MTD Bus Service Between Amtrak Stations and UCSB.
- UCSB is easily accessible from highway US-101. Please see the map link at the top of this page. Note that if using driving directions/maps websites, there is no proper street address for UCSB; you can get basic directions by entering just the zip code of “93106”.
- From the South: Take US-101 northbound to the Airport/UCSB/Hwy 217 exit (appx. 8 miles north of downtown Santa Barbara). This expressway will take you directly into campus. Enter campus and proceed to Parking Structure 22, using the map above.
- From the North: Take US-101 southbound to the Los Carneros Road exit and turn right on Los Carneros Road. Proceed to El Colegio Road. Turn left on El Colegio Road, proceed about 1/2 mile, and enter the UCSB campus. Proceed to Parking Structure 22, using map above.